Whether your blog started as a hobby or business, there is no problem with making a little passive income on the side from it. You may have decided that you do not want to monetize your blog and that is completely okay too! But if you are interested in making money from your blog, passive or full time, you’re in the right place.
The great part of starting a blog as a business is there is little startup cost, especially if you use SiteGround to host your blog! Less than $5 a month, paid annually.
5 Ways to Monetize Your Blog
Let’s talk about my 5 favorite ways of earning income from my blog. These are my favorites, not only because they make me money, but it’s simple. It takes a little time and effort from you and you can get started today.
- Affiliate Marketing – Sign up for affiliate products and services with brands and businesses that you love. Be sure to check out your favorite teaching blogs that offer courses, chances are, they offer a commission to bring them business. Amazon is a great one to check out because of the vast amount of products they offer. Sign up today!
- Create a Resources Page – This is a simple way for you to bring all your affiliate links, top-earning posts, and your own services/products together. Obviously you don’t want to be a pushy salesperson on every article, make it simple by creating a Resources Page that your readers can readily and easily access.
- Offer a Product and/or Service – Create a course. Write an e-book. Create a template. Offer a service. This is a great way to earn income as you work on your blog. Overnight success is possibly with the maximum amount of caffeine and super open schedule, but not super likely. You can join the Fiverr community and work as a virtual assistant, freelance writer, content creator, proofreader – the list goes on!
- Sponsored Posts – Create a pitch or media kit and reach out to various brands and other blog sites for sponsorships. You may start out small, but that is okay, get your name out there into the blogging world. Check out Bloglovin’ or Izea are great for finding Sponsorships!
- Legitimize Your Blog – You need site hosting and your own domain. A free blog will not earn your any money regardless of how many links and ads you put there, you don’t own that domain so you cannot make any money from it. I personally love Siteground for hosting my blog and you can easily create a WordPress site from it. And, it’s less than $5.00 a month.
I challenge you to apply at least one of these to your blog this week and see how it goes. Now, please don’t expect to be a millionaire the next morning, it takes time. You have to build trust with your readers and show them that you are the expert. Blogging is not a get rich quick scheme, but it can be very lucrative if you are dedicated.
Still have questions? Leave me a comment below and let’s discuss!
Also, feel free to reach out to me on social media, I love engaging with you all.